Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My very favorite home-cooked meal: Corn Flake Rolls

Let me preface this post by saying that you are going to kiss the ground I walk on once you try these bad boys.  They are delish!!!  I always BEGGED my mom to make them.  She would usually only do it about once-ish a year, if that, because they take a bit of time and they aren't the healthiest; but when she would make them, my heart would sing!  I am talking, people, about Corn Flake Rolls.  I believe there are quite a few similar recipes out there like these, but I have never had ones that are quite as good as these.



Ingredients:

4-5 chicken breasts
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
2 cubes butter (EEK! So worth it)
4-5 cups-ish corn flakes
2 crescent roll packages (with 8 in each)
2-3 cans chicken gravy

Directions:

Boil the chicken.  Shred 

Taking the cream cheese and 1 cube of butter, and mix them.  It works best when they are both room temperature.  If they aren't, just put them in the microwave for under a minute-ish.  

Add the chicken to this mixture.  Mix well.

Get a large plate, place the corn flakes on it, and crush them.

Taking the second cube of butter, place in small bowl and completely melt it in the microwave.  

Open crescent rolls and separate them.  Fill each one up with chicken mixture.  Don't overfill.  Fold them up and make a ball.  I find that if you completely seal the inside, it doesn't cook as well.  Dip the ball in the melted butter, then roll in the corn flakes and completely cover.  Do this 15 more times ;)

Place on an ungreased cookie sheet (you will probably need 2) 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.

Ladle gravy on top.

Serve with corn and shallots!


No comments:

Post a Comment