Monday, January 20, 2014

DIY Winter Painting: Deer

I love the D.I.  So many great finds for recreation!  They have so many massive frames that are so cheap!  I bought this one for 12 bucks.  It had an ugly painting in it.  I flipped the painting over to find a blank canvas on the back.  So, I painted it white.  Then, using dark brown craft paint, I painted a deer.  Like I said with the tree drawing, deer don't have to have perfection.  I prefer it to be imperfect.

First, stencil it out.  Use a picture reference from online.  There are a million pics.  Then paint!  After it was done, I wanted the antlers to look different than the body.  So, using my dollar paint markers that I use for my nails (Walmart, baby), I drew some lines throughout it, smeared them here and there, and made them look like "wood."

Super easy!  It is probably 3 feet by 4 feet, so it is really big, which I like.



No comments:

Post a Comment