Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My guilty pleasure: Savory Chex Mix

Growing up, my favorite thing my mom would make around the holidays was Chex mix.  My mom, however, didn't make the typical, gooey kind.  She made the immaculate, savory kind.  Still to this day, it is one of my very favorite things to make when I need a treat.


What you will need:

1 1/2 c butter
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 t onion salt
1 T celery salt

13 cups cereal (you choose)
4 cups pretzels


Melt the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan.  Once boiling, pour over cereal/pretzel mixture.  Stir.

 Bake at 200 degrees for 1.5 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.

*I like 5 cups Rice Chex, 5 cups Corn Chex, and 3 cups Cheerios

*I like to buy those big, disposable turkey pans from the store.  You can cook it all in one pan and it is the easiest cleanup!

So easy, so good, especially if you have a salty tooth like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment