Sunday, February 2, 2014

Valentine's Day Decor for under 20 dollars!

Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays.  I remember coming home from elementary school, with all my unopened valentines, sitting in my room by myself, and reading each and every one.  If a boy I liked gave me one that said something like, "Be Mine" or "You Rock" my heart swooned.  

I love decorating for small holiday/months like this, but will NOT pay the expensive prices that most stores charge for current holiday decor.

Here is what I came up with for this year and how I did it:



 I bought the burlap pennants, pre-cut and doubled up for thickness, from Hobby Lobby, 2 bucks, plus a 40% off coupon, which made them just over a dollar, for four.  I wrote the "XOXO" with a permanent marker.  I then hot glued the pennants to some twine.

I bought the berries from Dollar Tree, yes, Dollar Tree.  I bought both white and red bunches, cut them and took off the "pretty" leaves, then tied them in bunches with twine. I think I spent like 6 dollars on all the berries. I then placed burlap on the bottom of a basket that I got from Tai Pan for like 6 bucks, and placed the bunches of berries in that. 

The lighting in this above picture sucks.  Here is what the berries really look like:



 Entry way: I bought this glass container years ago from Tai Pan.  I fill it with different things for different seasons.  I have really liked it.  

I filled it with Christmas berries that I have used for December decor, then used Christmas ribbon for the top.

My favorite thing to do is, find colors in decor that you can use for multiple holidays/months.  Red is key! You can use it for MULTIPLE holidays.  I also always hit the "after holiday" sales, too.  I recently went to Tai Pan and got a bunch of red Christmas stuff that was 75% off!

The sprigs on the table are also Christmas things.  

I bought the red sign from Tai Pan.  It was in the damaged section, for some reason and was only a dollar.  The red bird I have had for years, but I think I got it at Tai Pan as well haha.  

The "LOVE" sign is burlap.  I got it from Hobby Lobby.  It was just plain but already painted white, for 4 dollars.  I then decided to write LOVE on it with permanent marker.  









I hung this wreath on our closet door in our living room.  I got it from Tai Pan, in their Christmas sale section, for 2 dollars!

 I got this wooden heart hanging thing for my front porch from D.I.  I think it was like 3 dollars. I go there so often to find things like this.  It was just in the wooden decor section.  You have to rummage through the UGLIEST things, but you sometimes score cute stuff like this.  I feel so unbelievably accomplished when I find cute stuff from thrift stores.  It gives me a natural high that lasts for days. 

This sign is next to our tv.  I thought it was cute.  I got it from, again, Tai Pan.

For all of this stuff, I probably spent under 20 dollars, easily.  That's like the price of one thing from Rod Works or Gatehouse or something.  Definitely worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment